Use software: Painter IX.5 and PhotoShop CS2
This is the Cover Illustration for "GUNNM Last Order" vol.9.
Following vol.8, as for this picture, Vilma became a subject.
I drew the sketch of the *Bust-up of her who did the appearance of "Qingji" temporarily. Then, I decided that I would do to this composition by about 90 percent.
*"Bust-up" is the composition which shot a close-up of the upper part of body by the technical term of the cartoon.
However, as for me, the conation didn't boil somehow. I was leaving the picture for about 3 days. I reconsidered but didn't like the picture as expected.
"Bust-up" can draw the look of the character roughly but the volume of information in the background become decreased.
When creating GUNNM LO, I have the following policy. It makes the cover illustration of the ULUTRA JUMP magazine the composition of the bust up with the impact which is clearly. The cover illustration of the Graphic Novel draws a background in detail and appeals for the view of the world of the tale.
Because I am greedy, I have imposed the different condition to create an illustration with "that and this" in this way on me. As a result, I have been each time troubled to think of the composition of the illustration.
After all, I decided on drawing her scene immediately after the restoration. It is epilog for the introduction.
I wanted to absolutely draw the rocket which rises in the background of the illustration. Therefore, I made Vilma stand for the front to make the illustration the composition which arrives at the vertical direction.
I tried to add a gesture to the arm of Vilma. As for the strange pose, the composition of the vertical direction is disordered. I made vertical.
I removed a Vilma and Locket from the photograph center axis, it arranged them and it enacted the change of the composition.
Eight cover pictures were authentic surface composition too. I judged that it was good because the change of the circumstances and the environment of Vilma were plain and I became a combination like "the first part and the sequel".
In the step which cuts down a detail in the draft, the concept this time decided go to "the breast".
It thinks that it should picture Vilma of the heroine sexily more fascinatingly when finishing picturing "the civilization revival volume"
and giving a reconsideration point.
I as the artist am indifferent to the sexiness. Also, as for the fan, too, such one may be not to want. That, I picture setting, precious "the woman vampire", sufficiently may not been made.
The fact of "sexy" is to be synonymous, saying "the filling of a life force". Also, it agrees fully with the theme which was replayed from the glacial era, the world, too.
Therefore, it made me expose her breast to the limit. Then, it gained the effect which can be seen with the line of her body being transparent in against the light and it pursued the sexiness which is it.
I was seized with the impulse to picture with the full color, but it thought of the balance with the pre- volume and pictured a sepia style monotonously.
It colored in the gray like the pre- volume.
The time passed after sold but a thing with heartlessly high practical use value was proved in the brush-category which is called "digital watercolor" which was implemented from Painter IX. In Painter6, "the watercolor brush" was very easy-to-use. It was troubled without having become a different engine and becoming use one at all after Painter7.
*For details, it refers to YUKITO's ROOM; Making of B.A.A.Last Order Cover Illustration; Comics Vol.2 cover.
It seems that there are many persons of the dissatisfaction who were moved like me to this. "Digital watercolor" was added, being new apart from new "the watercolor brush" from the Painter IX.
This "digital watercolor" is the feeling as restored, strengthening a watercolor brush in the past by the feature to the modernism.
It is possible to picture this on the ordinary layer, too, and that "a dry" command is stuck on, too.
When attempting to use actually, it was possible to picture lightly in the sense like watercolor in the past.
In watercolor in the past, the technique to match the color of the screen with by making a transparent degree 0 % was possible but isn't made of "digital watercolor".
It can get the same effect from the variant, "the water brush "instead of it.
I used this "digital watercolor" and colored most of the person parts. The rocket in the background arranged a color with "the oil painting brush" and pictured it in the way of matching up with "the tint brush".
Because it was late to notice the performance of "digital watercolor", it became such a way of picturing but most of the illustrations should be able to be pictured in "digital watercolor" if putting a way in order, too.
I made a new layer on the line drawing layer and pictured highlights with the opaque "chalk".
It ruined the main line of the lines partially by the painting and it emphasized an effect in against the light.
It synthesized a flash in jet-light with the screen in PhotoShop.
As for the surface of the water, it used the one to have hung a filter on the material collection.
It made a sepia style in "the hue and the chroma "of the adjustment layer, being final and it was complete.
The reproductions without permission other than personal use of the image published in this
site, the modifications, the distributions, and the profit-pursuing purpose use are prohibited.
Copyright (c) Yukito Kishiro / YUKITO Products INC. All rights reserved.
Script : Web Gallery Professional